Thursday, December 12, 2013

Getting back to it...

Okay so I messed up the mattresses.  Oh well.  In reality I wasn't crazy about them being black, but was trying to use what I had already, be frugal and not waste money where I didn't have to.  I'm over it now. Practice makes perfect right?

Oh did I mention sewing is a fairly foreign concept for me?  I don't have a clue where to begin when looking at a pattern and so I do everything by eyeing it.  I envision what I want the end result to be and I just think it backwards.  I probably waist a lot of time and energy on some steps, but it works for me so.....  Any how......

I took the daycare to buy fabric today.  It wasn't working out to go in the evening and if was going to happen it seemed it would have to be with babies & toddlers along for the ride.  They were surprisingly good, and very patient as I looked through fabric looking for what Lexi would like, that had a small enough pattern that wouldn't look out of place on a small scale, fit the color criteria (fusha & orange), and wasn't too pricy.  I decided on a bright pink leopard print (I'm not sure if it is truly fusha, but I think Lexi will like it), a bright orange flower print, & a teal with hearts on vines.  I still need to figure out paint & stain, but for now I have a start anyways.....

I made my purchases, got the kids home and settled, started to work on cutting pieces and the doll house & leggo table arrived.  :-)  I managed to get one mattress done during nap time and started on the second.  I hope to finish that one during tomorrow's nap time. I was so freaked out just 24 hours ago.  And now it feels totally doable again.  It is amazing what one day can do to turn things around.

This weekend I hope to be able to sneak out to the garage to at the very least make room to work in there.  I've been stashing all the Christmas stuff in there and all the summer stuff just kinda got dumped in there so it's in desperate need of organizing before any work can be done.

My dad surprised me by asking if he and my mom could put up the insulation next week!  That would be awesome as I'm really not sure when I was going to be insulating, but most likely in the over night hours.   Not like I could take the daycare out to the garage for that little project.   It's one thing to pick up a sewing project whenever they are all preoccupied (basically only when they are all either eating or sleeping), but puttin up insulation is a whole other ball game.

Have I ever mentioned that I have the world's greatest dad?  My mom is pretty awesome too!  However, her offering to help my dad hang insulation blows my mind.  She has always been the shopper in the family, always hunting for a bargain and always brings clothing and or food when she visits.  This will be a whole new experience for her. 

Is it bad if we "test" the heater we got the boys for Christmas?  I certainly don't want my mom (who has always snuggled close to the fire place and buried her frozen feet under the rumps of her loved ones) to freeze when she is offering to help with something that is very much outside her comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment