Monday, November 25, 2013

Plans for Pheebe's house.

I looked at doll house's for 18" dolls and the prices are crazy!  Anything affordable is really too small to do much with.  Besides they are already decorated.  Where's the fun in that?

So I asked my dad what materials would be best to build a house out of and he offered to make something.   Awesome!  That just saved me a lot of time, energy, & sneaking around trying to make it without getting caught by any of my children.  HUGE thank you to my dad!  I don't know what I would do without him.  He already has all the wood and has cut out all the big pieces as of Tuesday morning.  It's going to be big and heavy, but it will only have to be moved a couple of times.

That leaves me with the search for decorating materials & furniture.   Bring on the fun!  I picked up a kitchen set, some hair accessories, and a shopping bag for Pheebe while wondering the mall yeaterday.   I posted on a swap board that I was looking for some paint, tile, material, carpet remnants etc.  Already a couple of people have said they had paint and someone has offered some tile.  I have a piece of carpet that could be used throughout the whole thing, but it would be nice to have different flooring in the different rooms.  I saw a bed at Target, but I know Lexi kind of has her heart set on a different type of bed for Pheebe, so I will keep looking. 

I am hoping to go wonder around home Depot, walmart, & dollar tree tonight and see what I can find.

1 comment: