Wednesday, November 27, 2013

And the building begins...

My father has begun the construction of the doll house.  The walls are not done yet, they were set in place to give an idea of what it will be. A long way to go still, but so far I think it looks great!


I couldn't Resist these tiles.
The bathroom "tile" is a back splash with pinks and purples.  
While the white kitchen tile 
is the 1"×1"  mini tiles so should look as if it is the typical 1'×1' tile used in most kitchens.

Remember those giant alphabet floor puzzles made of foam?  Well I found one for Pheebe!  The squares are about 2"×2" perfect!  These pill concontainers will make great flower & sugar canisters or cookie tins as well.

And then there's all these little finds...
mini boxes of tissues, a mini sewing kit (the bag will be perfect for a duffel bag) with tiny scissors and tape measure, hand sanitizers in a great little bag, girsl rock bag (great to use as a tote bag) & little note book.....

I also found a tiny pack of pens, sticky notes (to be used as art paper), a tiny box that could be a gift bag, tiny hair clips, and a small carpet sample to be used as a door mat.  

Looking forward to seeing the house in person  tomorrow & maybe putting some stuff in it just to see how it will look.  

Oh I almost forgot I picked up some paint chips as well to see if I could pick a color for the walls.....
I think this is the color scheme I am going to go with for the kitchen.  Since the Appliances are a bright bold red, I went with the white floor.  I am thinking the blue walls, natural wood tables and chairs, and some very light pink chair pillows (if I can figure out how to sew something so tiny that is).  

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. I am getting excited for Christmas. I am gonna be one busy moma between now and then.

      Delete